Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Winter Vacation (Part 1 of 2)

Hello everyone,

Winter has always been a time for hibernation. However, this past winter my husband and I took our two year old son and joined some friends of ours on a Caribbean cruise. We enjoyed our time away and I have to say, it will be difficult to survive another winter without an escape to a warmer, sunnier location for at least a week.

I used one of the photos our friend took while on the trip to create this card.

 

I like the triple stamping technique, it's fast and simple. My friend from Papertician had read about a similar technique using the same stacking and matching idea as the triple stamping but instead of stamping you use a photo. What a neat idea.

I am entering the Bon Voyage card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Vacation/Travel".




Supplies from my inventory:
  • Tim Holtz, Stampers Anonymous - Artful Voyage
  • Jet Black Archival ink
  • Recollections cardstock
  • Zapdots foam adhesives
  • Tim Holtz Faded Jeans distress ink
  • Tombow glue
  • Scotch Advance tape glider

Supplies purchased:
  • Black's photo developing




2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I love the photo you used. Absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Clever technique.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment. However, any comments that attack, slander or defame another person, company, or product will be removed from this site.

Total Visits